Amanda-Users

Re: /etc/dumpdates

2005-12-19 17:28:50
Subject: Re: /etc/dumpdates
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:16:54 -0500
On Monday 19 December 2005 13:20, Paul Seniuk wrote:
>For some reason, one of my clients returns this:
>
>ERROR [can not read/write /etc/dumpdates: Permission denied]
>
>The file permissions are proper and user amanda can access the file.
>
>Any ideas of what else could be thorwing this error on the client?
>Missing libraries perhaps? (client used to work)
>
>Paul Seniuk
>Hosting Division,
>Thinktel Communications

One thing thats crept into the build/install requirements the last
couple of years is a need to re-run ldconfig (as root of course) after
the install of an upgrade version on either the client or the server.

This from the tarball build of course as I won't normally touch an rpm
of amanda with a rather long pole.  Each rpm builder seems to have
his/her own set of favorite options & location for data files, and
this leads to all sorts of breakage when upgrading an rpm.

I hope this helps.

People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this
address: <gene.heskett AT verizononline DOT net> which bypasses vz's
message by Gene Heskett are: