Amanda-Users

Re: restore amanda dumps from dead linux machine to solaris 9

2005-11-30 15:53:24
Subject: Re: restore amanda dumps from dead linux machine to solaris 9
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: Joshua Kuperman <josh.kuperman AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:16:02 +0200
Joshua Kuperman wrote:

While I have no problem dumping the files on the solaris machine; I can't seem to figure out what is in them. Except for a few text characters on the tape label I'm stumped. the dd command works as expected. I don't remember the order, etc and I don't have the output from any of the jobs which would have told me what partitions from what machines where on which files on the tape.

The first 32 KB block of each tape file should contain a text message with host and DLE name, date when the backup was made and command needed to extract the backup. Are you saying your tape files don't have this?

--
... Jesus has changed your life. Save changes (Y/N)?