Amanda-Users

Changed host name. amrecover tries to contact old host.

2005-11-22 16:19:32
Subject: Changed host name. amrecover tries to contact old host.
From: Joe <jkonecn AT green-mfg DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:11:09 -0500
I have a FreeBSD 5.2.1 server running 2.4.4p2.  I had to change the
host name on it.  I set the new host name with "hostname <hostname>",
edited /etc/rc.conf for the new host name, edited /etc/hosts, disklist
and .amandahosts to reflect the new name.  Ran amcheck and then
amdump with no errors.  Testing amrecover <config> and it still
tries to contact the old host.  amrecover <config> -s new.hostname
works but it reports there are no indexes.  The index file (.gz) is in
in the new hostname index directory.  So...  why no indexes and
why does amrecover still want the old host?