Amanda-Users

newbie Q: DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

2005-11-19 12:42:19
Subject: newbie Q: DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
From: Yan Seiner <yan AT seiner DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:21:52 -0800
I've set up amanda as best as I know how....

amcheck reports everything is OK.  Permissions, etc. all seem OK.

But when I try to run amdump I get:

FAIL dumper localhost /home/mysql 20051119 0 [/sbin/dump returned 1]
sendbackup: start [localhost:/home/mysql level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/sbin/dump
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc |/sbin/restore -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
|   DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a
subdirectory
|   DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
sendbackup: error [/sbin/dump returned 1]
INFO taper tape SeinerHome02 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
FINISH driver date 20051119 time 81.367

Any ideas on where to start?  I don't want to clutter the list with
long files.... So where do I need to look?  Or what should I provide
to the list so you can advise?
Thanks,

--Yan