Amanda-Users

RE: Problems with canonical names from an ADSL provider

2005-11-13 22:31:44
Subject: RE: Problems with canonical names from an ADSL provider
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: <amanda AT leangen DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:14:38 -0500

If your server amanda.mydomain.com has an immutable static ip address,

abc.efg.hij.klm

but your client does a lookup on the ISP dns and sees
   amanda AT some.really.long DOT and.annoying.hostname
instead of amanda.mydomain.com

then why not define an entry in your hosts file on the client
of the form

abc.efg.hij.klm amanda.mydomain.com

?