Amanda-Users

Re: Tape Sequence

2005-11-02 15:05:25
Subject: Re: Tape Sequence
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Cameron Rangeley <cameron AT truetechnologies.co DOT nz>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:58:03 -0600
Cameron Rangeley wrote:

Hi,

I am using Amanda and frequently I am out of the office for a whole day
at a time. Is there any way to make Amanda overwrite what ever tape is
in the drive at the time? Rather than skip the backup?
I usually control this through the tapecycle command. If you set "tapecycle 1 tape", it will overwrite any tape for that config which is in the drive, if left unattended.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, depending on how you're using tapecycle though. ;)

Graeme