Amanda-Users

Re: Email delivery

2005-10-28 06:05:16
Subject: Re: Email delivery
From: Lars Bakker <lars_bakker AT gmx DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:54:10 +0200
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 04:07:10AM +0200, Lars Bakker enlightened us:
> Can somebody tell me how Amanda sends email reports? I'm using the
> Kolab2 server on the same machine that should do the backups but
> unfortunately I get no reports although the smtp server works fine. Is
> Amanda using another program for mail delivery?
> It finds a mail program at compile time. You can find it with
grep MAILER /path/to/logfiles/amandad.$DATETIME.debug

Filling in the path and date/time appropriately. On my system, it's looking
at /usr/bin/Mail.

Another way is amgetconf:

        $ amgetconf DS1 build.mailer
        /usr/ucb/Mail

Really, I didn't know my amanda was using that mail program.

I guess I'll have to find some kind of wrapper script that works like
the mail program because my mailx installation does not work in
conjunction with Kolab2. I have tried to use nail (ln -s /usr/bin/nail
/usr/bin/mail) instead and reports seem to work fine but when I run
amcheck with the -m parameter no mail is sent. nail and mailx do not use
the same parameters but I kind of hoped that amanda would just use the
-s parameter for specifying the subject.

I think the best way to handle my particular problem would be to
recompile the debian package.

Any other ideas?

regard
lars