Amanda-Users

ERROR: snowcone.tonservices.com: [host godzilla.tonservices.com: port 10105 not secure]

2005-10-25 20:30:19
Subject: ERROR: snowcone.tonservices.com: [host godzilla.tonservices.com: port 10105 not secure]
From: Cameron Matheson <cameron.matheson AT fjcomm DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:54:34 -0600
Hi guys,

I just compiled a version of amanda w/ '--tcpportrange 10080,10180 and'
'--udpportrange 10080,10180'.  Unfortunately it does not seem to have worked.
I get the error:

ERROR: zena.tonservices.com: [host godzilla.tonservices.com: port 10129 \
not secure]

(this is repeated for all hosts).

I read the portusage doc on the amanda website and thought it said that the
way amanda worked was to first use the ports that i specified, and then fall
back on a secure port, and then try any port.  Am I misunderstanding this?
Can I get by w/ these ports or is there no way?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson

P.S. I realize that the udp is probably more optimally placed under 1024, but
I don't have control over the corporate firewall.  I could try to get them
to change that again if absolutele necessary... although it's quite a mess
so if there is a way to get around that it would be lovely.