Amanda-Users

Re: tapetype HP ultrium 3 ?

2005-10-24 13:10:15
Subject: Re: tapetype HP ultrium 3 ?
From: FM <dist-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:06:21 -0400
Yes,
I just read about it and I also disabled HW compression.
So now :
amtapetype -o -e 400g -f /dev/nst0
thanks again

Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:27:34PM -0400, FM wrote:
Thank you for the reply,
I'm using amtapetype for 3 days now to have the right info, I'll post on the amanda tapetype list

If you mean you have been running a single instance of amtapetype
for 3 days, abort it right now.  The results will be unreliable.
Amtapetype is not fast by anymeans, but it should not take longer
than approximately 3X the time it takes to write a full tape at
maximum interface speed.  Typically that might be 4 - 10 hrs total.

If your run is going much longer I'd guess you did not use the
"estimated length" option on your command line.