Amanda-Users

Re: tapetype HP ultrium 3 ?

2005-10-24 12:55:36
Subject: Re: tapetype HP ultrium 3 ?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:51:29 -0400
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:27:34PM -0400, FM wrote:
> Thank you for the reply,
> I'm using amtapetype for 3 days now to have the right info, I'll post on
> the amanda tapetype list

If you mean you have been running a single instance of amtapetype
for 3 days, abort it right now.  The results will be unreliable.
Amtapetype is not fast by anymeans, but it should not take longer
than approximately 3X the time it takes to write a full tape at
maximum interface speed.  Typically that might be 4 - 10 hrs total.

If your run is going much longer I'd guess you did not use the
"estimated length" option on your command line.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)