Amanda-Users

Re: Overwhelmed...

2005-10-07 11:00:57
Subject: Re: Overwhelmed...
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: cgg007 AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:43:20 -0600
CG wrote:

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the daunting task of having to develop a backup schema
for my network, then create configuration files to match. I've read manpages,
and FAQ's and docs. The documentation is extensive, and the learning curve
looks really steep from here. Is there a quickstart guide? Some case-studies? A
good place for me to start to wrap my brain around the AMANDA concept of
backup?
Your best starting point is to look at the example configuration Amanda provides. Use the man pages, and figure out what each line of those configs does. Once you've done that, making your own config is really easy. :)

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
(306) 955-7075 ext. 485

My views are not the views of my employers.