Amanda-Users

Re: What program do Amanda use to do the backup ?

2005-10-05 03:47:48
Subject: Re: What program do Amanda use to do the backup ?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Bernard_Wu AT NCCI DOT COM
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:24:01 +0200
Bernard_Wu AT NCCI DOT COM wrote:
Hi List,
How can you tell what program Amanda used to do the backup ?

In the dumptype you specify program "gnutar" or "dump".
That information is also written in the fileheader (first 32k bytes)
of each backup image on tape (or on holdingdisk).
When using dump, amanda executes the appropriate dump program
on the client, suitable for that filesystem
Use "amadmin version" on that client to find out what dump program it uses.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

And does it help?  Am I bound by any such agreement that is enforced on
me without any involvement of meself?

* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *