Amanda-Users

Re: "Will retry" behavior

2005-08-30 18:37:41
Subject: Re: "Will retry" behavior
From: Mike Delaney <mdelan AT lusars DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:23:46 -0700
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 05:19:29PM -0400, dobryanskaya AT adelphia DOT net
wrote:

> NOTES:
>   taper: tape weekly1 kb 35900256 fm 14 writing file: No space left on device
>   taper: retrying zeus: /hmssql.0 on new tape: [writing file: No space left
> on device]
>   taper: tape weekly2 kb 35878464 fm 3 writing file: No space left on device
>   taper: retrying athena: /F.0 on new tape: [writing file: No space left on
> device]
>   taper: tape weekly3 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
> ---
> The result is that athena and zeus are failed. :(

I think you're misreading the message.  The first line says that amanda failed
to write a DLE to tape weekly1 beacuse the tape was full.  The second line
says that it retried taping DLE zeus:/hmssql.0 on a new tape [the last attempt
failed because the first tape was full].  There's nothing there that says that
zeus:/hmssql.0 didn't make it on to tape.

The same goes for the 3rd and 4th lines w.r.t. athena:/F.0.

If those dumps really had failed to tape, there would have been a big NOTICE
IN ALL CAPS up at the very top of the report stating that some DLEs had
failed to tape.