Amanda-Users

AW: big Problem with restoring a backup

2005-08-29 08:18:46
Subject: AW: big Problem with restoring a backup
From: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:54:32 +0200
Update:

Amrestore on Backupmachine works.

Amrestore works not.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org [mailto:owner-amanda-users AT amanda
DOT org] Im
Auftrag von Sebastian Kösters
Gesendet: Montag, 29. August 2005 11:57
An: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Betreff: big Problem with restoring a backup

Hi,

i have a real Problem with my Backup.

I tried do restore a backup from one of our servers (an inc with level 0
from 25.08.05))

Here my amrecover:

[root@server amanda]# amrecover -s backup -t backup -C config
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.3. Contacting server on backup ...
220 raid-backup AMANDA index server (2.4.4p4) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2005-08-29)
200 Working date set to 2005-08-29.
200 Config set to config.
501 Host server is not in your disklist.
Trying host server.sino.de ...
501 Host server.sino.de is not in your disklist.
amrecover> sethost server2
200 Dump host set to server2
amrecover> setdisk /var
200 Disk set to /var.
amrecover> setdate 2005-08-25
200 Working date set to 2005-08-25.
amrecover> ls
2005-08-25 .
2005-08-25 cache/
2005-08-25 db/
2005-08-25 empty/
2005-08-25 ftp/
2005-08-25 lib/
2005-08-25 local/
2005-08-25 lock/
2005-08-25 log/
2005-08-25 lost+found/
2005-08-25 mail
2005-08-25 named/
2005-08-25 net-snmp/
2005-08-25 nis/
2005-08-25 opt/
2005-08-25 preserve/
2005-08-25 run/
2005-08-25 spool/
2005-08-25 tmp/
2005-08-25 tux/
2005-08-25 www/
2005-08-25 yp/
amrecover> lpwd
/amanda
amrecover> add lib/
Added dir /lib at date 2005-08-25
amrecover> list
TAPE DailySet104 LEVEL 0 DATE 2005-08-25
        /lib
amrecover> setmode tar
SAMBA dumps will be extracted as TAR dumps
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive file:/backup/config on host backup.
The following tapes are needed: DailySet104

Restoring files into directory /amanda
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive file:/backup/config on host backup.
Load tape DailySet104 now
Continue [?/Y/n/t]? y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on backup.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

I loaded DailySet104 also manually but it does not work too. For testing i
also recovered another backup with Level 0 and Level 1. At Level 0
(DailySet104) i get se same error. The Level 1 (DailySet106) worked.

I tried this on 3 different Servers....same error every time. I searched for
amidxtaped.debug but this file does not exist.

It seems only to be a level 0 error but i dont know why. At the time the
backup was made everythings looks fine.

Here is my config:

org "sino"
mailto "skoesters AT sino DOT de"
dumpuser "amanda"

inparallel 2            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel (max 63)
                        # this maximum can be increased at compile-time,
                        # modifying MAX_DUMPERS in server-src/driverio.h
netusage  800 Kbps      # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

# Set to default by
runspercycle 1
                        # (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just
weekdays)
tapecycle 6 tapes
runspercycle 5
dumpcycle 7
                        # 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week (just
                        # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
                        # need amflush and so we do not overwrite the full
                        # backups performed at the beginning of the previous
                        # cycle
### ### ###
# WARNING: don't use `inf' for tapecycle, it's broken!
### ### ###

bumpsize 20 mb
bumpdays 1
bumpmult 4
etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
#etimeout -600          # total number of seconds for estimates.
# a positive number will be multiplied by the number of filesystems on
# each host; a negative number will be taken as an absolute total time-out.
# The default is 5 minutes per filesystem.

dtimeout 1800           # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.

ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                        # for each client host

runtapes 1
tpchanger "chg-disk"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "file:/backup/config"
# Set to default by AMANDA_WEBMIN - rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"      # the raw
device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/config/changer"
#changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"

tapetype HARD-DISK
labelstr "^DailySet1[0-9][0-9]*$"

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/config/curinfo"
logdir "/var/lib/amanda/config"
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/config/index"

define tapetype HARD-DISK {
    comment "Hard disk instead of tape"