Amanda-Users

Re: samba backups

2005-08-29 06:12:12
Subject: Re: samba backups
From: Gregor Ibic <gregor.ibic AT intelicom DOT si>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:51:05 +0200
Ok, I wait for 10 hours (ethernity for me), and I see that it backuped about 300MB of a 30GB job. Other shares that work are on the same server, just on the other partition.
Then I kill smbclient and amdump resumes till the end of disklist.
I will try with . (dot) and report, but I notice that the manual run of smbclient also stalls for about 10sec at the point (file/folder) where smbclient from amanda stalls, but then resumes normally. At that point smbclient receives about 100th error with permission denied, but on manual run this doesnt bother the execution.
I will also try to strace the process (didnt come to my mind sorry).

regards,

Gregor Ibic