Amanda-Users

samba backups

2005-08-28 06:39:30
Subject: samba backups
From: Gregor Ibic <gregor.ibic AT intelicom DOT si>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:55:03 +0200
I have a problem with backuping one samba share. Backup / smbclient stalls after backuping some data. Files on the server dont have permission to access them, but it should skip them with errors and backup other data, but sendbackup stalls and I have to kill smbclient to finish amdump. I dont receive timeout or any other error, it just waits for eternity. If I backup the same share directly from command line with same command ... smbclient .. -E -d0 -Tqca file.tar *
it finished ok, with permission errors, but it finishes.

What is wrong?

regards,
gregor