Amanda-Users

BUG -- host names are truncated in amanda reports

2005-08-26 15:42:51
Subject: BUG -- host names are truncated in amanda reports
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:23:13 -0700
We all know that host names are truncated for formatting in the column
reports.  And there are configuration variables to expand the size of
these columns.  All good.

However, hostnames are also truncated in the non-columnar part of the
reports, where length is not an issue.  And I can find no variables to
control this behavior.  There is no reason to truncate hostnames in
non-columnar output.

Example:  customer-host1, customer-host2 and customer-host3 are all valid
systems.  But without reading the actual log from the backup, I can't
determine which one of these is which.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  customer-h / lev 1 STRANGE
  customer-h / lev 0 STRANGE