Amanda-Users

Re: Has anyone a script for Monthly/Daily backups

2005-08-18 14:52:27
Subject: Re: Has anyone a script for Monthly/Daily backups
From: "chuck.amadi" <chuck.amadi AT ntlworld DOT com>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:41:04 +0100
Paul Bijnens wrote:

chuck.amadi wrote:

Hi again do you run amcheck prior to amdump running. or is it a simple caseof just hacking your script as below:

#!/bin/sh
# Script lfdom.sh
# Last friday of the month script
if [ `cal | awk 'NF >= 6 {print $6}' | tail -1` -eq `date +%d` ]
then su -c "/usr/sbin/amcheck MonthlySet1"; su -c "/usr/sbin/amdump MonthlySet1" else su -c "/usr/sbin/amcheck DailySet1"; su -c "/usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1"
fi

amcheck is used to check for a valid tape and warn the sysadmin
if there is some problem.  Therefore, I run it during the day, when
I'm still there to correct things.
I do not run any additional amcheck just before launching the  amdump
program in the night.

Therefore, I have two entries in my crontab.
One for amcheck, running at 16:15 Mon-Fri (in the hope that any
problems that might pop up can be still be solved before I go home.
Then another entry that just does amdump, running at 00:05 (yes, that's
actually the next day -- beware if you run the last-friday-of-month
check, in that case, start amdump just a few minute earlier, like 23:55).

Hi I used this script and my test was`successful without the amcheck But I will a mail command to ensure that I put in a Monthly tape .

Cheers