Amanda-Users

Re: What could cause this ?

2005-08-16 16:21:56
Subject: Re: What could cause this ?
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:03:58 -0400
2005/8/16, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:

> So, Guy, check your debug and log files for what was going on, did you
> get estimates or not, did the dump start flowing or not.  Amanda's
> logs/debug files will have start and timeout info.  Compare them
> with the several timeout setting in amanda.conf.  Perhaps you have
> been working close to the settings normally and just had a big dump
> to estimate or to dump and went over the time limit you set up.

I've checked the log file, I think I've got the estimates, but the
dump does not seem to have started flowing for this DLE.

The other DLE's on the same server got backed up OK but were very
small in comparison.

I have looked at all the debug files on "sol" and could not find any
sort of error. Where shoould I look ? On the server ? On the client ?

On the server, in the log file, I have:

FAIL dumper sol /disk1 20050816 1 [mesg read: Connection timed out]
  sendbackup: start [sol:/disk1 level 1]
  sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/local/bin/tar
  sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/local/bin/tar -f... -
  sendbackup: info end

I don't even have the [sec ... ] info so I can't determine approc WHEN
it happened