Amanda-Users

Re: What could cause this ?

2005-08-16 15:05:25
Subject: Re: What could cause this ?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:47:43 -0400
On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:52:21PM -0400, Guy Dallaire wrote:
> This moring in my amanda report I had:
>
> sol        /disk1 lev 1 FAILED [mesg read: Connection timed out]
>
> What could be wrong ? There has been no network outage as far as I know.

Amazing,
I was going to point Guy to "Question NNN of Chapter 17" of the new
amanda docs (the FAQ), but I did not find any question about timeouts.

So, Guy, check your debug and log files for what was going on, did you
get estimates or not, did the dump start flowing or not.  Amanda's
logs/debug files will have start and timeout info.  Compare them
with the several timeout setting in amanda.conf.  Perhaps you have
been working close to the settings normally and just had a big dump
to estimate or to dump and went over the time limit you set up.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)