Amanda-Users

Re: Does "Attached Changer" matter in mtx inquiry?

2005-08-13 20:49:23
Subject: Re: Does "Attached Changer" matter in mtx inquiry?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:41:58 -0400
On Saturday 13 August 2005 16:29, Marcus wrote:
>Here's what I get
>
>marcb@blt:~> sudo /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg0 inquiry
>Product Type: Tape Drive
>Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
>Product ID: 'DLT8000         '
>Revision: '0232'
>Attached Changer: No
>marcb@blt:~> sudo /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg1 inquiry
>Product Type: Medium Changer
>Vendor ID: 'ADIC    '
>Product ID: 'FastStor DLT    '
>Revision: '0119'
>Attached Changer: No
>marcb@blt:~>
>
>Does it matter to chg-scsi that it says 'no changer'
>like that? Thanks for any help.

I don't believe so.  I think, but could be wrong, that when mtx
reports an attached changer, it may be at other than the base LUN=0.
If the devices are seperated by their device address on the scsi bus,
as opposed to being at the same address but a different LUN, with
the latter being where mtx picks up on the Attached changer
bits.

But, don't take my word for it, go study the manpages for mtx for the
final word.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: