Amanda-Users

amverifyrun problems with tape in drive, not slot

2005-08-13 17:21:18
Subject: amverifyrun problems with tape in drive, not slot
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:38:35 -0600
I'm having some problems with amverifyrun. If I do something like
"amverifyrun daily", I get the following:

Tape changer is chg-zd-mtx...
1 slot...
Verify summary to root
Defects file is /tmp/amanda/amverify.6011/defects
amverify daily
Fri Jul 22 10:08:26 CST 2005

** Error loading slot -1
amtape: could not load slot <none>: Illegal slot: "-1"
Errors found:
amtape: could not load slot <none>: Illegal slot: "-1"

I assume it's having problems because the tape is still loaded in the
drive, and so isn't in a specific slot. MTX shows the following about my
changer:

mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg0:1 Drives, 7 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 5 Loaded):VolumeTag =
D00005
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=D00001
      Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=D00002
      Storage Element 3:Full :VolumeTag=D00003
      Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=D00004
      Storage Element 5:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 6:Full :VolumeTag=W00001
      Storage Element 7:Full :VolumeTag=CLNA01

D00005 is the one it needs to verify.

If I do "amtape daily eject" first, it puts it back into slot 5, but
amverifyrun still breaks the same as above.

Any ideas what the problem here is?

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
Linux Administrator

My views and comments do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer.