Amanda-Users

Questions re: the chg-scsi documentation

2005-08-13 15:38:21
Subject: Questions re: the chg-scsi documentation
From: Marcus <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
I was going through those pages a bit this morning and
had a few questions..;

Firstly, at the Configuration Notes it says I should
be able to get the changer value with modprobe sg.
That command returns nothing; which doesn't seem
right? But if I do a modprobe sg -l then I get:
/lib/modules/2.6.8-24-default/kernel/drivers/scsi/sg.ko
So have I got the right module loaded for sg devices?

Secondly, what does -status do? what is the param you
have to pass it?

Thirdly, around the changerident section, it lists
Faststor DLT which is what I run. It's listed as an
"other value". Does that mean chg-scsi supports my
drive w/o the changerident argument? Whenever I try to
add it, chg-scsi just gets cross at me.

Thanks for any help. I'm getting so close to this tape
drive working that I'm almost sick; chg-scsi will now
pick a tape and load it! :} But it still segfaults on
-scan, and it will "eject" the tape but doesn't know
how to unload it (I have to follow up with mtx -f
/dev/sg1 unload)

Good weekend to everyone..!