Amanda-Users

amcheck error

2005-08-03 02:29:20
Subject: amcheck error
From: Ken Simpson <ken.simpson AT unichurch.org DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:11:13 +1000
Hi all, I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now and can't figure it out.

I am trying to do a backup on my localhost for the files on that localhost.

I have set up amanda-server and amanda-client(2.4.5-1) in debian using apt and then rolling my own amanda.conf

I finally got most of it working, but now I get this (I still haven't managed to do a backup...)

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
planner: ERROR mail.unsw.org.au: [access as backup not allowed from backup@mail] amandahostsauth failed
  mail.unsw. hda1 RESULTS MISSING

the .amandahosts is exactly

mail.unsw.org.au backup

mail.unsw.org.au is the FQDN of the server.

Any suggestions VERY gratefully received

I have searched the archives and found nothing quite like this. Most people have had to modify amandahosts - but I think mine is right.

The amanda user that deb sets up is backup
--
Regards
Ken