Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem

2005-08-01 20:51:42
Subject: Re: amrecover problem
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:30:44 -0400
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 05:00:10PM -0400, Lei Zhong wrote:
> Can somebody help me with the amrecover problem I posted earlier?  I was
> testing my amanda config.  I don't use tape changer.  I did four full
> backups of the same directory on four different tapes on the same day.
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't recall your saying this in the first post.

> When I ran amrecover, it always asked for the first full backup tape.
> How can I change to the tape I want to restore from?  Thank you very
> much.

The design of Amanda did not anticipate multiple backups the same day.

You may have to manually extract the dump file from the particular
dump you want and then use tar or restore or whatever to get the
specific files.  The extraction can be done manually with mt and dd
or possibly with amrestore.

If you only want, ever will want, the 4th dump, perhaps you could
amrmtape the ones you don't want.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)