Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda from RPMs

2005-07-22 13:15:34
Subject: Re: Amanda from RPMs
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:06:54 -0400
On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 12:07:12PM -0400, Frederic Medery enlightened us:
> I tryed to build for rhel3 but :
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         libtool >= 1.5.6 is needed by amanda-2.4.5-2.lex_rhel3
>
> rhel version is libtool-1.4.3-6.
>
> is it just of copy/paste proble between rehl3 and rhel4 spec file or do I
> need a new version ?

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure it's a real problem. I've updated the
page with (unsigned) libtool-1.5.6 RPMs/SRPM and modified the directions.
With autoconf, I created the variant package, however with libtool, I did a
straight replacement of the 1.4.3 on RHEL3 and have been running it like
that for a year or two now. I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever with
it being upgraded like that.

> Thanks again for your work !!

No problem, glad I could contribute back :-)

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics