Amanda-Users

Re: file changed as we read it: strange

2005-07-18 09:23:57
Subject: Re: file changed as we read it: strange
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:15:16 +0200
Guy Dallaire wrote:
This morning, amanda (2.4.5) told me that some files changed during
the backup. I don't think it actually changed. Why does it mean by
"changed" ? The file in question was not being written to during
amanda's backup of the server, that I am sure of.

I'm suspecting a file "last access time" change. Otherwise, a bug in
tar/amanda ?

I would suggest verifying if that file changed first, before assuming a bug that fast.

If files get changed between estimates and dumping, this message is triggered as well ...

Maybe you could show us more details and verify if that file really hasn't been changed somehow ...

The issues with the various versions of GNU-tar are not related to this message as you may read at

http://www.amanda.org/docs/faq.html#id2554919

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger