Amanda-Users

which tape changer for Qualtstar TLS-4210

2005-07-08 14:34:33
Subject: which tape changer for Qualtstar TLS-4210
From: richc AT chem.utah DOT edu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:13:00 -0600

Hello.
I've been trying to get a tape changer TLS-4210 to work for a while
for amanda.
I'm unable to get the tape changer to work. For now I've been using
the mtx command on a linux machine.
The problem is that as soon as I mount a drive. The tape gets stuck and
will not eject.

Am I using the wrong protocol. The jukebox has worked well before.

thankyou
Rich

#mtx -f /dev/sg0 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'QUALSTAR'
Product ID: 'TLS-4210        '
Revision: '2.12'
Attached Changer: No

# mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg0:2 Drives, 12 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 5 Loaded)
Data Transfer Element 1:Full (Storage Element 12 Loaded)
      Storage Element 1:Full
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Full
      Storage Element 4:Full