Amanda-Users

Re: Building amanda on Mac OS X

2005-07-08 03:53:35
Subject: Re: Building amanda on Mac OS X
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org, Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:39:02 +0200
Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Which gcc-release is this? What make-binary?
Maybe you have hit the same bug as we had on Solaris lately, where the problem was that the system used a non-BSD-version of make (and OSX is a kind of BSD ...).

The solution there was to use /usr/ccs/bin/make, but I have no idea if this is it for you and which paths are correct for OSX.

For the record, it was not the "version of make", but the wrong path
before running ./condigure, which did not find the "ar" tool (and to
which configure did not complain as it should).  The solution was to
set the path to include /usr/ccs/bin before running configure.
When doing that, /usr/ccs/bin/make was found too as a side effect,
but it would have been possible to run with the solaris 10 default
"make" too, by prepending that dir to the path again.

In general I would suggest to use the newer release if possible, also on the server, although at first we have to find out why your make fails ...

But I've no idea either for your real problem...

Stefan notices
> I also can't quite tell from your posting where the lines end ...

Could it be that your Makefile was messed up (tabs got spaces,
\r-\n lineend confusion etc)

* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *