Amanda-Users

Re: exclude list optional not working?

2005-07-06 12:46:49
Subject: Re: exclude list optional not working?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:34:58 +0200
Jon LaBadie wrote:

Seems to me the only thing that needs changing is the
amanda.conf man page.  Currently it says:

    ...  With exclude list, the string is a file name on the
    client containing GNU-tar exclude expressions.
    If optional is specified for exclude list, then amcheck will
    not complain if the file doesn't exist or is not readable.

As a suggested alternative this is a little verbose
but gets the message across I hope.

    ...  With exclude list, the string is a file name on the
    client containing GNU-tar exclude expressions.  The path
    to the specified exclude list file must be accessible to
    to the amanda user and the exclude list file, if present
    (see description of 'optional' below), must be readable
    by the amanda user.
    If optional is specified for exclude list, then amcheck will
not complain if the file doesn't exist.

After reading all that thread I have to ask:

Do you all agree with me editing the man-page as Jon suggested?

Stefan.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member