Amanda-Users

Re: many dumps in parallel

2005-06-16 03:27:57
Subject: Re: many dumps in parallel
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Vects <alexc AT actcom.co DOT il>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:16:45 +0200
Vects wrote:
Hello there,
I mentioned amanda runs only one dump of computer/partition the same
time. Is there any way configure amanda to run many dumps at once for
different computers? I have 6 computers to backup in disklist, it's
about 4 partitions per computer, backup takes long time to finish, I
want to speed it up by running parallel dumps to different computers.

Actually, that's the default behaviour of amanda: doing as much as
possible in parallel.  Why do you think it is not working that way?

One of the possibilities is that the holdingdisk is too small.
The parallelism is achieved by collecting all the dumps to holdingdisk.

If you want more than one dump running on one host in parallel, you
should increase maxdumps for that DLE, and set a spindle number on
each DLE.

* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *