Amanda-Users

WinXp home archive bit troubles

2005-06-04 08:20:58
Subject: WinXp home archive bit troubles
From: Bill McCandless <tap6_32 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 04:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
I'm using Amanda 2.4.5 on a Fedora core 2 machine.
I back up that, plus two windows clients. The smbtar
method is used for windows. I found the Archive bits
are set on ALL files after backups. The root cause
is setting sharing the drive from Xp Home NTFS
file system: all archive bits are set at that time.

This is *not* a bug with Amanda or Samba.  Has anyone
else had the problem when sharing the root of an
NTFS drive read-only on Win Xp Home ?
I looked on Mskb and Google, and could not find a
reference.
I'll attempt to file an MS bug (hah!) if others
confirm
the issue.

Discover Yahoo!