Amanda-Users

Re: estimate timeout

2005-05-12 09:24:45
Subject: Re: estimate timeout
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:01:11 -0500
McDonagh, Joe wrote:
I have an estimate timeout of three hours, is there anyway to skip the
estimate or what? It's getting estimate timeout, the fs is fine, it can
be read from and everything, it just has loads of small files.

You might want to consider upgrading the server and client involved to the current stable. It has provisions for doing server estimates. That should help.

The server estimates seem to be conservative, to be on the safe side. I have some data to look through for level 0, level 1, level 2 estimates and I should be able to post it by the end of this week.

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma