Amanda-Users

Re: estimate timeout

2005-05-11 19:19:53
Subject: Re: estimate timeout
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "McDonagh, Joe" <JMcDonagh AT Biscom DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 01:03:46 +0200
McDonagh, Joe wrote:
I have an estimate timeout of three hours, is there anyway to skip the
estimate or what? It's getting estimate timeout, the fs is fine, it can
be read from and everything, it just has loads of small files.

If you have amanda 2.4.5, you can use alternate methods for the
estimate.  From the NEWS file:

* new 'estimate' dumptype option to select estimate type:
    CLIENT: estimate by the dumping program.
CALCSIZE: estimate by the calcsize program, a lot faster but less acurate.
    SERVER: estimate based on statistic from previous run, take second but
            can be wrong on the estimate size.

I've not yet tried it myself.