Amanda-Users

Server-A /tempfiles lev 0 FAILED 20050429[could not connect to Server-A]

2005-04-29 08:37:51
Subject: Server-A /tempfiles lev 0 FAILED 20050429[could not connect to Server-A]
From: todd zenker <todd.e.zenker.1 AT gsfc.nasa DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:27:41 -0400
Greeting amandaneers,

I'm having an issue when I try to backup this one machine. I see the backup server starts the dumper process and the server begin backed up shows that it is sending backup stuff.
After it is all done the backup servers shows 0 backup was completed.  FAILED.
In my backup directory I notice the different partitions that were supposed to be backed up.

I need a check list to see what I'm missing.

The server being backed up is a linux box running amanda 2.4.4p1( I know it needs to be upgraded) I already have a couple of other boxes set-up the same and they work.

Thanks,
-todd

Todd Zenker
CNE-Raytheon ITSS