Amanda-Users

Re: File-driver: degraded mode

2005-04-27 12:03:42
Subject: Re: File-driver: degraded mode
From: Kuas <ku4s AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:47:05 -0400

>Actually, that's not true. It goes by your tapecycle setting. You have a
>tapecycle of 9 tapes, and only 8 tapes are labeled for some reason (as you
>noted, tape 4 is missing), so amanda will not overwrite tapes until you've
>used 9. If you label tape 4, then amanda should start cycling through as
>normal. You probably will want to look into why they've all been written on
>the 22nd, however.

Yes, that's it. I forced relabeled vtape 4. It's working again as
normal. It's funny why it detect tape 4 as "active" but not labeled.

I don't have sendmail installed in any of the server machine. Sendmail
has lots of bugs and security vulnerability, is there other way to send
amanda report? Log files is fine for me. For example in amflush, from
what I read, it can only send reports by mail and through sendmail,
unless I run it manually using "-s" to pipe all report to standard out/err.

Thanks all for the helps. I think the amanda setup is almost complete,
just keeping running first to see what other problem could occur before
it's officially online.

Kuas.