Amanda-Users

Re: Exclude list and disklist

2005-04-21 13:26:15
Subject: Re: Exclude list and disklist
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:14:44 -0400
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 12:39:57PM -0400, Kuas wrote:
> I setup the back-up so that all excluded list are in
> /var/lib/amanda/exclude.txt on each machine, so that I can use a general
> dump-type. But I haven't been able to get it work. For example, I backed
> up all the /var/spool/mail for every user (the emails are in 1 file),
> except: A and B. I put in the exclude.txt on that machine:
> /var/spool/mail/A and /var/spool/mail/B. This doesn't work, I wonder if
> they're absolute path. In the dumptype, I put:
>
> define dumptype dlgrp-remote-user {
>     user-tar
>     comp-high
>     comment ""
>     compress client best
>     index yes
>     dumpcycle 5
>     exclude list "/var/lib/amanda/exclude.txt"
> }

There is a HOW-TO Exclude document in the docs directory.
Don't hold me to this, but when you read it I think you
will find the exclude paths should always be relative.

> The second question is about disklist. If I have to change the directory
> layout of a system. And change the disklist, I can see that in the next
> backup, the new list is used. But, all the old list are still in the
> index (I can see it in amrecover). I think it's good if it keep the old
> structure (disklist) until all the tapes that contain that data are
> reused. Is this the case, if not, how do I delete the entries?

Each DLE has its own info and index directory.  Delete the old ones?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)