Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.4.5 released

2005-04-20 15:12:14
Subject: Re: amanda-2.4.5 released
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-announce AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:03:35 +0200
Hi, Jean-Louis,

on Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 at 20:14 you wrote:

JLM> The Amanda core team is pleased to announce the release of Amanda
JLM> 2.4.5.

I am pleased as well because AMANDA 2.4.5 is the first release of
AMANDA that contains the output of the so-called xml-docs-tree.

As many of you may already know, I have started to convert the whole
AMANDA-documentation into Docbook/XML a while ago. Now things have
developed and stabilized, I am very happy that this work is now part
of the current stable AMANDA-release.

The tarball contains the txt-versions of the various doc-files as well
as the latest manpages, all generated from the xml-sources. The format
of the ascii-files has changed a bit, as they are now converted from
the html-files, but I think that this change doesn't hurt that much.

On the other hand you may now find the current AMANDA-docs online as
well, you can choose between html, ps or pdf at
http://www.amanda.org/docs/AMANDA-docs.html .

---

This is just a short stop, more updates and additions are up to come

Thanks to Jean-Louis for all the good work, thanks to all of the
helping hands around ...

All the best with AMANDA, may there always be proper restores for you.

---

best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger