Amanda-Users

Please check and confirm my Daily Config and Monthly Config.

2005-04-20 05:36:09
Subject: Please check and confirm my Daily Config and Monthly Config.
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:19:16 +0100
Hi all

Has anyone got examples of a daily backup configuration
and archive configuration for last Friday of the month.

I am going to use 5 tapes for monday to friday that I will reuse.
Thus do a full backup every day.

dumpcycle 0 weeks

runspercycle 1

tapecycle 8 # two for errors and one for cleaning cartridge

For monthlys Full dump:

dumpcycle 1             # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
                        # (full backup at start of month, automatically)
runspercycle 0          # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
                        # (0 means identical to dumpcycle)
tapecycle 12 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation 12 for 12 months

Please confirm that I am on the right track

Cheers

Chuck

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.