Amanda-Users

Please can someone check my tape cycle.

2005-04-13 05:49:35
Subject: Please can someone check my tape cycle.
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:41:48 +0100
Hi all

Please could someone confirm a GFS(Grandfather - Father - Son cycle
scheme)

I will be using 4 tapes for daily Monday to Thursday.
5 tapes for Friday weekly
12 tapes for monthly that I will pull for archiving
Thus 3 tapes for errors/amflush and one for cleaning.

My idea was as follows:

dumpcycle 1 weeks      # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 5         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
                       # (1 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just
weekdays)
tapecycle 25 tapes     # the number of tapes in rotation
                       # 1 week (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.