Amanda-Users

Problem with tape and labeling (archiving)

2005-04-13 04:24:15
Subject: Problem with tape and labeling (archiving)
From: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:23:07 +0200
Hi!

I have a Problem with archiving tapes.

On every Sunday we do a backup on tape but I always get the following error:

ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting tape DailySet1001 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.198 seconds

I wrote a little Script which labels the new tape (via cron).

Script:

#!/bin/bash

#
#counter + 1
#
let zahl=`cat /etc/amanda/counter`;
let zahl=$zahl+1;
echo $zahl > /etc/amanda/counter;

#
#Tape labeln
#
counter=`cat /etc/amanda/counter`;
amlabel -f full-sonntag DailySet$counter;

cron entry:

0 1 * * 0 /etc/amanda/label.sh
15 1 * * 0 /usr/sbin/amcheck -a full-sonntag
30 1 * * 0 /usr/sbin/amdump full-sonntag && /usr/sbin/amadmin full-sonntag
export

Dumptype:

define dumptype high-tar {
    comment "partitions dumped with tar"
    priority high
    program "GNUTAR"
    index yes
    strategy noinc
    dumpcycle 0
    record no
}

What must I do to make it work -> Insert new tape - automatic labelling -
automatic backup - insert next tape ....... ?

Hope someone can help?!

Regards,
Sebastian