Amanda-Users

Tape type with HW compression

2004-11-16 11:57:47
Subject: Tape type with HW compression
From: "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikep AT mikeathome DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:54:34 -0500
A long time ago I ran tapetype.
I left it with the results I received and everything worked fine for the past couple of years until today.

The problem is that today I hit the 20Gb limit for data that I want to back up.
tapetype did not take into account  the HW compression of the drive.

I'm suppose to be able to get 40Gb on a tape. They are DLT IV tapes.
So I need to know what do I have to do, to get amanda to recognize that the tape drive uses hardware compression.

Any links to the docs that might explain this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike