Amanda-Users

[OT] cron.d entries for Amanda

2004-11-16 07:25:32
Subject: [OT] cron.d entries for Amanda
From: "Gavin Henry" <ghenry AT suretecsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:13:47 -0000 (GMT)
Dear guys,

THis simple error is doing my head in, so I'm going to ask and risk
looking like a fool, but anyway...

We normally install our Amanda crons in /etc/cron.d/suretec on client
servers (we are using amanda and custom scripts to backup
http://www.eems.co.uk - a very high profile 2 x SUSE Ent 8 servers).

I keep getting e-mails from crond with errors, e.g.

/bin/sh: line 1: /usr/bin/find /u01/app/oracle/archdest2/* -mtime +7 -exec
rm{}\;:
No such file or directory

AND

/bin/sh: line 1: /opt/suretec/sbin/amcheck -m learnit-dbserv-db-warm: No
such file
or directory

My cron.d entries look like:

0 3 * * 1-5 amanda /opt/suretec/sbin/amcheck -m blah.blah

I'm pretty so amcheck is in her path and anyway, I have defined the
absolute path, also cron.d entries can take arguments.

What stupid typo have I made.

P.S> I know this makes me look quite unprofessional, but I'm sure we've
all hit some kind of stupid brick wall. "Can't see for looking", as the
saying goes here in Scotland.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.