Amanda-Users

Backing up Windows shares from Fedora - spaces in file/directory names

2004-11-01 17:12:20
Subject: Backing up Windows shares from Fedora - spaces in file/directory names
From: "Chris Jones" <chris AT stow-jones.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:07:19 -0000
I am using Amanda (successfully) to back up my Fedora Core 2 PC and
(mostly) my Win2k PC. Where I am finding difficulty, however, is in
adding directories that contain spaces in the name to an existing or new
backup job. I am including the following line
| localhost /export/Docs_and_Settings comp-user-tar
 in my disklist which when I run amdump generates this message:

| FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
|  localhost  /export/Docs_and_Settings lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than
tape, 4759700 KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]
|  planner: FATAL cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out

Needless to say, I am trying to dump to a disk that has currently got
48Gb (approx) free space. Can anyone here cast some light on my problem?

--
Chris Jones
mailto:chris AT stow-jones.co DOT uk