Amanda-Users

Re: Fedora upgrade Amanda slowed

2004-10-29 09:00:30
Subject: Re: Fedora upgrade Amanda slowed
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:55:45 +0200
Hi, Gavin,

on Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 at 14:24 you wrote to amanda-users:

GH> Hi, I'm http://FedoraNEWS.ORG/ghenry, so I like to think I know a bit
GH> about Fedora :-)

GH> IIRC, from RH9 to FC1 the file protocol changed from smbfs to cifs, and
GH> all sorts of problems started to happen with samba.

cifs and smbfs are filesystems (in fact kernel-modules), they are not
used by smbclient, which is used by AMANDA.

These would only affect you if you mount Windows-shares via smbfs or
cifs and dump them via dump or tar.

GH> I would upgrade to FC2 if at all possible.

Without further knowledge I would also think this.

Jonathan, has anything changed in the smb.conf of that machine?
Maybe the update-procedure has modified this file.

Also the contents of /var/log/samba might tell you more.

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger