Amanda-Users

Re: Stop debug

2004-09-29 12:25:39
Subject: Re: Stop debug
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:22:02 -0400
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:53:32AM -0500, Jason Miller wrote:
> Forgot to include the amanda-users in my reply to Gaby incase someone had
> other ideas.
>

> Gaby,
>     Not certain if there is a way to stop Amanda from dumping them out and
> honestly it didn't bug me so what I did was setup a cron job to clean the
> directory out for me once a week to keep it down. That way if something does
> break I at least have some output of the debugs to reference since sometimes
> we don't check our backup solution on a daily basis but I do try to at least
> twice a week. The script I have setup looks something like below, this is on
> Redhat 9.0 set in my /etc/cron.weekly folder as a script with execute
> permissions. You could set that daily if you liked or monthly even.

A slight variation; I prefer to have each run's debug files together
in a single directory.  Thus each day, if there are any debug files
from a recent run, I make a subdirectory "DBG-MMDD".  The files are
moved into the subdirectory.  The script then checks how many "DBG-*"
directories there are and retains only the N most recent.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)