Amanda-Users

Re: Stop debug

2004-09-29 11:59:38
Subject: Re: Stop debug
From: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:53:32 -0500
Forgot to include the amanda-users in my reply to Gaby incase someone had
other ideas.

Gaby,
    Not certain if there is a way to stop Amanda from dumping them out and
honestly it didn't bug me so what I did was setup a cron job to clean the
directory out for me once a week to keep it down. That way if something does
break I at least have some output of the debugs to reference since sometimes
we don't check our backup solution on a daily basis but I do try to at least
twice a week. The script I have setup looks something like below, this is on
Redhat 9.0 set in my /etc/cron.weekly folder as a script with execute
permissions. You could set that daily if you liked or monthly even.

rm -f /tmp/amanda/am*
rm -f /tmp/amanda/chg*
rm -f /tmp/amanda/self*
rm -f /tmp/amanda/send*