Amanda-Users

Re: Does each amanda profile require a different holding disk location?

2004-09-29 00:17:48
Subject: Re: Does each amanda profile require a different holding disk location?
From: Mike Fedyk <mfedyk AT matchmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:11:06 -0700
Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:36:31PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
Does amanda have any type of variables in its config files? I already have a common file referenced by the three amanda.conf files, as well as a common disklist. I'm thinking of a $profile so that I can define the holding disk, index directories and etc in the common file...

Close, the include directive.

I got tired of seeing 99 dumptypes, 89 tapetypes, ...
in amanda.conf.  So I broke them (and others) out
into 5 separate files in a common directory.  The
5 categories (and my file names) are DumpTypes,
HoldingDisks, NetworkInterfaces, TapeTypes, and
Templates.  I have them set up like:

      amanda

    ------------------
    |     |     |     |
   conf1 conf2 conf3 CommonConfFiles

Did something similar, thought didn't split it as much. I wonder if the amanda developers would accept a submission of an updated split up default config...

/etc/amanda
|-- DailyFile1
|   |-- amanda.conf
|   |-- amanda.conf~