Amanda-Users

Re: how to reset dumpcycle?

2004-09-09 13:55:31
Subject: Re: how to reset dumpcycle?
From: Andreas <andreas AT inferno.nadir DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:52:28 +0200
Hello,

On Thursday 09 September 2004 18:05, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:18:19PM +0200, Andreas Putzo wrote:
> > So i wonder, if there is a way to ask amanda to start a new dumpcycle?

> I think "active tape" here means used more recently than other
> tapes in your tapecycle.  In fact, more recently than tapecycle
> minus 1 tapes in case you rotate more tapes than your tapecycle
> setting (as I do).
> For example, if your tapecycle is 14 and amanda is expecting
> the 7th tape, just because you "start a new dumpcycle" does
> not make amanda go back to tape 1.  It still wants the next
> tape in the cycle.

Ah ok. So what i really wanted to do is changing the tape order.

The problem is, that the tapes (hardware-)labeled with weekdays
and i found no time to instruct my co-workers to re-label the tapes (i have no
physical access to do it myself) since i moved over to amanda. Sometimes they
forget to change the tapes and the next day amanda complains about the false
tape.
I think, i should hurry up that re-labeling thing a bit.. ;-)

regards,
Andreas