Amanda-Users

Re: (OT) Sony SDT-9000

2004-09-08 15:14:45
Subject: Re: (OT) Sony SDT-9000
From: Daniel Bentley <danielb AT hermod.qsicorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:09:17 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > Eject' LED code.  Commands accessing the tape (ie. 'mtx <dev> status')
> > would simply go zombie, and refused to be killed until hitting the eject
> > button on the front of the drive.
>
> If I recall correctly, that unit is not a changer.
> The mtx command is only used to manipulate the changer part of a changer.
> The mt command is used to manipulate the tape drive itself.
>
> On solaris, the mt command uses an argument of "offline" or "rewoffl"
> to eject the tape.

Erf, my bad.  I meant 'mt' in the first email, not 'mtx.'  The majority of
command-line stuff I do is with the changer, 'mtx on the brain' I
suppose...  Single tape unit, yes, DDS-3.

--
Daniel Bentley - Network Technician, QSI Corporation (www.qsicorp.com)
"Exploits care not whence the clicks come..."